Do I need a Licence?

If music is ever played at your business premises for customers or staff; for example, through radio, TV, CD, MP3 or computer speakers, or at live events, it is considered a ‘public performance’. The Pakistan Copyright Ordinance states you need to get permission from the copyright holder to ‘perform’ music in public – and a music licence grants you this permission. Similarly if you are a broadcaster utilising music in your Television, Radio, or the Internet programming, you are required to acquire a licence in order to legally broadcast copyright content as per the PEMRA Licensing rules and the PEMRA Ordinance.

Our licensing is flexible and covers the vast majority of commercial music originating from Pakistan. Through our international affiliations we are also authorised to license music usage on behalf of a large repertoire of global musicians.

Please note, if you play music that is outside of COMP’s control, you may need an additional licence from the relevant copyright owner(s).